Header

I-24/7 Deployment Officer

INTERPOL

VACANCY NOTICE No. 11/40/IS/I-24/7

INTERPOL is the world's largest international police organization, with 188 member countries. Created in 1923, it facilitates cross-border police co-operation and support and assistance to all organizations, authorities and services whose mission is to combat international crime. INTERPOL is currently seeking candidates with the qualifications required to fill the post of I-24/7 Deployment Officer within the I-24/7 Co-ordination Sub-directorate which is part of the Information Systems and Technology Directorate.

Appendum: Conditions of secondement

Post title: I-24/7 Deployment Officer
Directorate: IS Information System and Technology Directorate
Location: General Secretariat, Lyon, France*
Duration: 3 years secondment
Grade: 5
Closing date for applications: Until the position is filled

The I-24/7 Deployment Officer provides a centralized point of contact for the promotion of the I-24/7 system to connected entities and all issues related to INTERPOL services available on I-24/7. The I-24/7 Deployment Officer is to coordinate with NCBs for the promotion, implementation and deployment of all services on I-24/7. The post-holder is to advise the
I-24/7 Service Centre Assistant Director and the IS Director regarding technical, operational and financial issues related to the promotion, implementation and deployment of services on the I-24/7 Global Police Communications system.

The scope of activities of the incumbent is performed within the I-24/7 Service Centre, but encompasses duties, mentioned in the job description, as they pertain to other units.

The incumbent will work in close cooperation with all relevant departments.

Principal Duties And Activities

The incumbent will work in close cooperation with all relevant departments.

- Mission. 1:

Promote all services available on I-24/7 to the countries in the region under his/her responsibility

  • Use all appropriate means to actively promote INTERPOL services available on I-24/7 to member countries; this may require travelling to member countries or keeping close contact with them from IPSG.
  • Develop deployment strategy in close cooperation with I-24/7 Deployment Officers, Training unit, CPO and all related departments.
  • Manage NCB’s and other authorized and expanded entities’ access to the I-24/7 system, finding adequate technical solutions in compliance with established I-24/7 deployment policies.
  • Monitor report and coordinate, through extensive and close relationships with the officials designated by the NCB’s to be in charge of the I-24/7 expansion, the technical issues in deployment of the I-24/7 system on national level in member countries, all in compliance with the INTERPOL rules and recommendations.
  • Study, under the supervision and at the request of the I-24/7 Service Centre Assistant Director, any issue related to the deployment of the I-24/7 system, and provides documented recommendations.
  • Maintain a close relationship with the ILETAG, convene meetings, and act as partner for this group on the I-24/7 deployment issues.

- Mission. 2:

Establish close working relationships with member countries to provide feedback to appropriate units for improvement and deployment of services on I-24/7

  • Elicit requirements from member countries to improve available services on I-24/7.
  • Initiate and build relationships with NCBs and other agencies through the use of outreach programs
  • Requirements Analysis, active listening to understand difficulties faced by NCBs of technical, operational and financial nature.
  • Document needs and issues faced by NCBs to provide feedback to concerned units at IPSG
  • Coordinate the development of proposed solutions and present to NCBs where applicable
  • Contribute to the development of strategy for the unit and directorate.

- Mission. 3:

Provide guidance on the implementation of I-24/7 expansions within the National Central Bureaus (NCBs) and any other I-24/7 connected entities.

  • Be the main contact point regarding expansions of I-24/7 system on national level for all designated officials from the NCB’s, and from other entities connected (authorized by the NCBs) which are in charge of technical implementation of such expansions.
  • Provide leadership, guidance, training in cooperation with responsible units, and recommendations, as necessary, to these officials.
  • Resolve difficulties encountered by designated officials, as well as promote any other tool aimed at ensuring the smooth running of the I-24/7 expanded systems in compliance with organizational policies.
  • Provide any other kind of assistance to the officials, designated to be in charge of deployment of INTERPOL services available on I-24/7, as requested, to ensure the communication tasks of the NCBs/entities connected to the I-24/7 system are smoothly run.

- Mission. 4:

Regularly consult and work, under the supervision of the I-24/7 Service Centre Assistant Director, on any possible adjustments that would be necessary for the I-24/7 expansion policies.

  • Establish and implement an efficient mechanism, with the co-ordinated assistance of the NCBs and other connected entities officials designated to be in charge of the I-24/7 deployment.
  • Prepare regular status reports on the deployment of INTERPOL services available on I-24/7 including, when necessary, studies on the results obtained in comparison with the objectives established.
  • Maintain records of the deployment of the I-24/7 expansion in collaboration with the NCBs and other connected entities officials designated to be in charge of the I-24/7 expansion.

Regularly communicate with the NCBs and other connected entities officials designated to be in charge of the I-24/7 expansion on the importance of the proper implementation of the expansion of the I-24/7 system in compliance with the I-24/7 organizational policies and clarify, when necessary, any question/issue they have pertaining to the system.

  • Regularly report to the I-24/7 Service Centre Assistant Director, within the established framework, on compliance with the I-24/7 organizational expansion policies.
  • Prepare all necessary reports, background information, documented attachments, oral / written presentations, to report to the I-24/7 Service Centre Assistant Director.
  • Provide recommendations, when required, on identified issues.
  • When appropriate adjust the I-24/7 deployment policies, based on identified and reported issues.
  • Maintain direct and regular contact with the NCB and other connected entities’ officials designated to be in charge of the I-24/7 expansion.
  • Report promptly to the I-24/7 Service Centre Assistant Director, any identified deployment incidents and provide recommendations of both consultative and corrective actions.

- Mission. 5:

To monitor technical implementation of expansions of I-24/7 system beyond NCB’s and to provide user tailored solutions.

  • Monitor the implementation of the deployment policies, within the defined framework and criteria.
  • To monitor and improve the I-24/7 deployment environment. Together with the concerned units identify weaknesses or threats to the system and to propose (via the I-24/7 Service Centre Assistant Director) remedial courses of action, as necessary.
  • Provide flexibility in deployment in order to propose customized solutions for specific deployment needs.

- Mission. 6:

Perform other duties as may be directed by the I-24/7 Service Centre Assistant Director.

  • Carry out all other duties as may be directed by the I-24/7 Service Centre Assistant Director to ensure the smooth functioning of the Service Centre, and of the I-24/7 system.

Requirements

- Education

A primary University degree in Information Technology is required.

- Experience

  • A least five years of experience in project management area
  • Working experience as Police Officer or equivalent position within a law enforcement agency or organization either locally or internationally
  • Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and harmoniously with law enforcement agencies from any part of world.

- Languages

Professional fluency in English is required.

- Computer Knowledge

  • Advanced level in Cisco, Nortel and Microsoft technology.

- Managerial Competencies

  • Sound and proven administrative skills
  • Demonstrated communication skills (writing and speaking).

- Asset

  • Sound background knowledge of international organization work.
  • Working knowledge in a second official language
  • Tenure of IT certificate (MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP etc.)

Working Conditions

  • Remuneration: INTERPOL does not pay salary to seconded officials. Depending on the nationality of official, an expatriation allowance or a monthly compensatory allowance may be paid. For more information regarding conditions of service see Employment conditions for seconded officials available on the web site.
  • This post requires occasional travel on missions, sometimes of a long duration and at a short notice.
  • The incumbent will be occasionally required to work irregular hours, overtime based upon workload.

* The Organization plans to establish an INTERPOL Global Complex in Singapore at the end of 2013. Although no decisions have been made at this time as to which posts will be transferred to Singapore, acceptance of the post implies acceptance of a transfer to Singapore.


[ Apply ]